Monday, August 3, 2009

Introduction to the Issue

Good Mooooorrrnnninngggg Neverland! (A. not an homage to the late Michael Jackson B. definitely a hook reference but really C. the name of my unemployed milieu, in which I will 'never' get a job). SO this week's topic is another Top Ten list, the Top 10 Movie Props I would want to have and be able to use properly. To answer the first question that is raised regarding this topic, YES, that does mean that if you need some sort of power not traditionally afforded to human beings or perhaps entirely fictional, then you get it for the purposes of these arguments. I will not, however, allow this fact to tarnish the integrity of the list, with a bit of logic such as... "Well obviously X has to be Number 1 because if I had that I could just..." I will be going by what I think the best props to have are, not by what other props I could make, obtain, forge, steal, etc. if I had the powers associated with one.

Next, this entire list and line of thought has only been made possible with the assistance of TroutMonkey, who must receive my g(f)ratitude before we continue.

Finally, you might notice that I've added a comment box on the side of the blog. I don't particularly like the format of it, but I couldn't change very much about it. Anyway, the reason I did this is because I think that this particular topic is going to promote a lot of discussion (at least I hope it will) and I'd hate to retard anyone's thoughts with my glacial posting pace. So the box is for those who want to have a running dialogue throughout the publishing of the entire list and I hope it gets used, otherwise this entire paragraph makes me look like a huge jackass.

Anyway, thanks for reading, make comments, and most importantly of all, if you liked it, tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment